Yard Person, Afternoon Shift
Location: Salmon Arm, British Columbia
BID Group is a North American leader in the design and manufacturing of equipment for wood processing mills. The company primarily serves the North American market, in addition to serving international clients. BID Group offers the most comprehensive range of products on the market. Producing everything from mechanical equipment, PLCs and optimization systems equipped with digital vision scanners. Our products also deliver fully automated production lines. The company has over 1800 employees working in our divisions located across North America.
Under the Team Leader’s supervision, the Yard Person is responsible for preparing and manipulating heavy equipment to ensure the appropriate movement of materials to complete projects accurately and according to deadlines. You will be required to conduct your duties in a safe, diligent manner at all times.
- Attend Toolbox Meeting before shift starts at 2:45pm
- Perform pre-trip inspections on mobile equipment prior to operation
- Load and unload incoming freight and manufactured equipment
- Filling saw infeed and clearing saw outfeed
- Paint prep for painter: load and unload paint shop and fab shop as requested by supervisor
- Willing to take on other tasks when needed
- Always representing the company with professional behavior
WHAT YOU CAN OFFER
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Prior experience operating a variety of heavy equipment
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Exceptional manual dexterity and hand-eye coordination
- A sound understanding of pertinent safety guidelines
- Capacity to provide and follow direction
- Sharp decision-making skills, particularly when under pressure
- Ability to work extended hours, as required
WHAT WE CAN OFFER
- Competitive compensation plan
- Apprenticeship opportunities
- Full time, permanent position (4 x 10 hour shifts weekly)
- Paid overtime
- Extended health & dental insurance
- RRSP & DPSP + employer matching
Recruitment for this position is ongoing and applications will be reviewed on a regular basis. Every job application is treated confidentially.
If you are interested in working with us, please send your resume to email@example.com and reference the posting name and location. Thank you for your interest.
- Fabricator, welder, millwright, machinist, pipe fitter, iron worker, carpenter, electrician, heavy duty mechanic, crane operator, heavy equipment operator, alignment technician, engineer, engineering tech, PLC programmer, mechanical designer/technologist