Location: Salmon Arm, BC
BID Group is a North American leader in the design and manufacturing of equipment for wood processing mills. The company primarily serves the North American market, in addition to serving international clients. BID Group offers the most comprehensive range of products on the market. Producing everything from mechanical equipment, PLCs and optimization systems equipped with digital vision scanners. Our products also deliver fully automated production lines. The company has over 1800 employees working in our divisions located across North America.
As a Packager you will ensure that manufactured items are ready for shipment by inspecting items for deficiencies, stickering and labelling, completing touchups required and final quality checks following company guidelines. Tasks include assembling wood crates and skids and filling the crates with the appropriate items following the same guidelines.
WHAT YOU CAN OFFER
- Ability to work in all environments – inside and outside work required
- Work well as a team or with minimal supervision
- Attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task and meet challenges
- Ability to read a tape measure
- Comfortable working at heights
- Ability to lift 25-50 lbs. on a consistent basis
- Valid driver’s license
- Ability to work overtime if required
- Good communication skills
WHAT WE CAN OFFER
- Competitive compensation plan
- Full time, permanent position
- Paid overtime
- Extended health & dental insurance
- Optional RRSP & DPSP + employer matching
If you think you are interested in a dynamic, fast-paced role in a quickly growing, industry-leading company, please send a resume by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your interest.
- Fabricator, welder, millwright, machinist, pipe fitter, iron worker, carpenter, electrician, heavy duty mechanic, crane operator, heavy equipment operator, alignment technician, engineer, engineering tech, PLC programmer, mechanical designer/technologist