Mechanical Field Technician
Location: Anywhere in British Columbia or the USA
BID Group is a North American leader in the design and manufacturing of equipment for wood processing mills. The company primarily serves the North American market, in addition to serving international clients. BID Group offers the most comprehensive range of products on the market. Producing everything from mechanical equipment, PLCs and optimization systems equipped with digital vision scanners. Our products also deliver fully automated production lines. The company has over 1500 employees working in our divisions located across North America.
The Mechanical Service Technician position can be filled by anyone living in British Columbia, Canada or the USA. The Mechanical Service Technician is a highly motivated tradesman working in the BID Group Sales and Service. As a key team member of the technical team, you will be involved primarily in field fine-tuning of highly integrated complex electro-mechanical systems; i.e. hydraulic, pneumatic controls, scanning and other sub-systems designed by BID. The ability to travel extensively to client’s sites and maintain a close working relationship with the engineering and project management departments is a must in this role. We empower our people to do their very best and create an environment that will encourage new ideas.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Adhere to and promote company safety standards.
- Ensure customer satisfaction with BID Group.
- Fine tune highly integrated complex electro-mechanical systems. (equipment, hydraulics, pneumatics, drives, etc.)
- Carry-out scheduled service visits.
- Complete timely & thorough service reports, timecard, & expense reports, etc.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Millwright certification or equivalent experience.
- Excellent mechanical aptitude with solid understanding of pneumatic and hydraulic systems.
- Ability to read fabrication & assembly drawings.
- Ability to work in a high pressure environment.
- Be honest, autonomous and methodical, with superior attention to detail using sound judgement skills.
- Travel 75% in North America.
- Experience in a Sawmill industry is an asset.
- Have a strong verbal and written communication skill with competent computer skills; Word, Excel, and Email.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive compensation plan
- Full time, permanent position (40 hours/week)
- Paid overtime hours
- Health care insurance
- Retirement savings plan
If interested in working with us, please send your resume to email@example.com and reference the posting name. We encourage graduates to apply for this position. Only selected candidates will be contacted.
- Fabricator, welder, millwright, machinist, pipe fitter, iron worker, carpenter, electrician, heavy duty mechanic, crane operator, heavy equipment operator, alignment technician, engineer, engineering tech, PLC programmer, mechanical designer/technologist