Mechanical Field Technician
Location: Anywhere in British Columbia, Canada
BID Group is a North American leader in the design and manufacturing of equipment for wood processing mills. The company primarily serves the North American market, in addition to serving international clients. BID Group offers the most comprehensive range of products on the market, producing everything from mechanical equipment and PLCs to optimization systems equipped with digital vision scanners. BID Group also delivers fully automated production lines. The company has over 1500 employees working in our divisions located across North America.
Under the supervision of the Technical Advisor or Projects Lead, the Mechanical Field Technician is in charge of assembling, installing, aligning and adjusting mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic components, in order to ensure that industrial machines are fully operational. The position holder is also responsible for participating in on-site equipment start-up.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Adhere to and promote company safety standards
- Ensure customer satisfaction with BID Group
- Read and interpret plans, instruction manuals and charts
- Install, align and adjust mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic components using manual, pneumatic and electrical tools
- Carry out on-site drilling, tapping, threading, welding operations, any other operations as required by supervisor
- Check and fill out the different steps in the inspection report progressively as machine components are assembled
- Use different lifting and manual handling tools as needed
- Preparing equipment so they are fully operational
- Carry-out scheduled service visits
- Complete timely & thorough service reports, timecard, & expense reports, etc.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Millwright certification or equivalent industrial Millwright experience
- Excellent mechanical aptitude with solid understanding of pneumatic and hydraulic systems
- Ability to read fabrication & assembly drawings
- Ability to work in a high-pressure environment
- Be honest, autonomous, and methodical, with superior attention to detail using sound judgement skills
- Travel maximum 14 days with 7 days off
- Experience in a Sawmill industry is an asset
- Have a strong verbal and written communication skill with competent computer skills; Word, Excel, and Email
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive compensation plan
- Full time, permanent position
- Paid overtime hours
- Health care insurance
- Retirement savings plan
If interested in working with us, please send your resume to email@example.com and reference the posting name. We encourage graduates to apply for this position. Only selected candidates will be contacted.
- Fabricator, welder, millwright, machinist, pipe fitter, iron worker, carpenter, electrician, heavy duty mechanic, crane operator, heavy equipment operator, alignment technician, engineer, engineering tech, PLC programmer, mechanical designer/technologist