Field Service Technician
BID Group is a North American leader in the design and manufacturing of equipment for wood processing mills. The company primarily serves the North American market, in addition to serving international clients. BID Group offers the most comprehensive range of products on the market. Producing everything from mechanical equipment, PLCs and optimization systems equipped with digital vision scanners. Our products also deliver fully automated production lines. The company has over 1500 employees working in our divisions located across North America.
The Field Service Technician is a highly motivated professional working in the BID Group Service Division. As a key member of the technical team, you will be involved primarily in the servicing, maintaining and fine tuning of the BID Group Optimization product line of machine vision scanning systems. Most notably the industry leading GradExpert planer mill grade optimizer. The ability to travel extensively to client’s sites and maintain a close working relationship with team members is a must in this role. We empower our people to do their very best and create an environment that will encourage new ideas.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Adhere to and promote company safety standards.
- Ensure customer satisfaction with system.
- Carry-out scheduled service visits.
- Complete preventative maintenance following checklists and train clients on system
- Fine tune highly integrated scanning systems for customer specific needs.
- Provide remote & over-the-phone troubleshooting service in support of our call center.
- Extensive travel within North America.
- Complete timely & thorough service reports, timecards, expense reports, etc.
- Communicating with vendors, internal contacts and customers
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Have a diploma, degree or trade qualification in the electronics field or the equivalent experience
- Electronics/hardware troubleshooting and problem-solving skills on industrial equipment
- Hardware and software application knowledge
- Ability to travel to mill locations in North America
- Strong communication skills and customer oriented
- Capability of working under-pressure
- Experience working in an industrial environment is an asset
- Knowledge of lumber industry and/or lumber grading ticket is an asset
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive compensation plan
- Full time, permanent position (40 hours/week)
- Paid overtime hours
- Health care insurance
- Retirement savings plan
If interested in working with us, please send your resume to HR.USA@bidgroup.ca and reference the posting name. We encourage graduates to apply for this position. Only selected candidates will be contacted.
- Fabricator, welder, millwright, machinist, pipe fitter, iron worker, carpenter, electrician;
- Heavy duty mechanic, crane operator, heavy equipment operator, alignment technician;
- Engineer, engineering tech, PLC programmer, mechanical designer/technologist