Location: Prince George, BC
BID Group is a North American leader in the design and manufacturing of equipment for wood processing mills. The company primarily serves the North American market, in addition to serving international clients. BID Group offers the most comprehensive range of products on the market, producing everything from mechanical equipment and PLCs to optimization systems equipped with digital vision scanners. BID Group also deliver fully automated production lines. The company has over 1800 employees working in our divisions located across North America.
Under the supervision of the drafting manager, the draftsman/designer will work within our engineering team to supply fabrication, detail, and installation drawings for a variety of products related to the sawmill industry.
WHAT YOU CAN OFFER
- Applicants should have a diploma, certification, or associates degree in mechanical engineering technology or equivalent
- Proficiency with applicable software: particularly Solidworks and AutoCAD
- Knowledge of the different products and components used in the manufacturing and design of sawmill equipment (bearings, motors, reducers, etc.)
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills required
- Strong work ethic
- Ability to effectively communicate and interact with all individuals as well as a strong team player
- Accuracy, attention to detail and ability to complete work in a timely manner
- Adapt to tight deadlines, occasional heavy workloads, and frequent changes in priorities
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs
WHAT WE CAN OFFER
- Competitive compensation plan
- Full time, permanent position
- Paid overtime
- Extended health & dental insurance
- Optional RRSP + employer matching
If you are interested in working with us, please send your resume to email@example.com. Every job application is treated confidentially.
- Fabricator, welder, millwright, machinist, pipe fitter, iron worker, carpenter, electrician, heavy duty mechanic, crane operator, heavy equipment operator, alignment technician, engineer, engineering tech, PLC programmer, mechanical designer/technologist