Location: Prince George, BC
BID Group is a North American leader in the design and manufacturing of equipment for wood processing mills. The company primarily serves the North American market, in addition to serving international clients. BID Group offers the most comprehensive range of products on the market. Producing everything from mechanical equipment, PLCs and optimization systems equipped with digital vision scanners. Our products also deliver fully automated production lines. The company has over 1500 employees working in our divisions located across North America.
Under the supervision of the Engineering Manager, your main tasks will be to participate attentively in the design and coordination of construction drawings in a forestry industrial setting.
Understanding of Sawmilling Log and Lumber handling an asset
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Be able to make necessary modifications to drawings using AutoCAD
- Produce General assembly Construction drawings, Structural Steel, Concrete, sub-assemblies, manufacturing and with CAD
- Occasional travel and On-Site field notes
- Work in high paced engineering office
- Create layout drawings for manufactured equipment, support steel structures, concrete foundations, Buildings for client review and construction
- Majority of weekly work week will consist of drafting and checking drawings
- Check Design concepts and drawings are achievable according to equipment requirements, existing site conditions and material process
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Good communication skills and a strong sense of professionalism when interacting with crews, engineering, drafting staff, land surveyors, and clients
- Strong mathematical and computer skills
- Demonstrate organizational skills and attention to detail
- Demonstrate accuracy, neatness and professionalism in the development of survey products
- Customer service orientation
- Basic knowledge of steel. (i.e.: wide flange channel, flat bar)
- Basic knowledge of Design Equipment (bearings, belts, speed reducers, etc)
- Be honest, professional, able to work autonomously as needed, and understand attention to detail
We offer a competitive salary and a range of attractive benefits. Every job application is treated confidentially. BID Group US is an EEO employer. If interested in working with us, please send your resume to email@example.com and reference the posting name. Only those candidates whose application meets the qualifications of the position applied will receive a response. Thank you for your interest.
- Fabricator, welder, millwright, machinist, pipe fitter, iron worker, carpenter, electrician, heavy duty mechanic, crane operator, heavy equipment operator, alignment technician, engineer, engineering tech, PLC programmer, mechanical designer/technologist