Location: Prince George, BC
BID Group is a North American leader in the design and manufacturing of equipment for wood processing mills. The company primarily serves the North American market, in addition to serving international clients. BID Group offers the most comprehensive range of products on the market. Producing everything from mechanical equipment, PLCs and optimization systems equipped with digital vision scanners. Our products also deliver fully automated production lines. The company has over 1500 employees working in our divisions located across North America.
Under the supervision of the Engineering Manager, your main tasks will be to participate actively in the design of plans for fabrication. You will make purchase requests for the components necessary to manufacture, as well as keep track of production within the company.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Be able to make necessary modifications to drawings using AutoCAD
- Produce templates in DWG Files
- Produce General assembly, Structural Steel, Concrete, sub-assemblies, manufacturing and detailed design drawings with CAD
- Make sure concepts and drawings are achievable according to requirements and manufacturing processes available
- Occasional travel and On-Site field notes
- Work in high paced engineering office
- Draft plans and detailed drawings for grading, structures, concrete, and other departments as needed
- Perform all other duties assigned
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Good communication skills and a strong sense of professionalism when interacting with crews, engineering, drafting staff, land surveyors, and clients
- Strong mathematical and computer skills
- Demonstrate organizational skills and attention to detail
- Demonstrate accuracy, neatness and professionalism in the development of survey products
- Customer service orientation
- Basic knowledge of steel. (i.e.: wide flange channel, flat bar)
- Basic knowledge of Design Equipment (bearings, belts, speed reducers, etc)
- Be honest, professional, able to work autonomously as needed, and understand attention to detail
We offer a competitive salary and a range of attractive benefits. Every job application is treated confidentially. BID Group is an EEO employer. If interested in working with us, please send your resume to email@example.com and reference the posting name. Only those candidates whose application meets the qualifications of the position applied will receive a response. Thank you for your interest.
- Fabricator, welder, millwright, machinist, pipe fitter, iron worker, carpenter, electrician, heavy duty mechanic, crane operator, heavy equipment operator, alignment technician, engineer, engineering tech, PLC programmer, mechanical designer/technologist