Continuous Improvement Coordinator
Location: Vanderhoof, BC
Do you have experience in an industrial environment while having managed continuous improvement projects? Do you know the importance of having a good approach and good communication with your colleagues? Do you want to take on a new challenge in a company that understands the different challenges and benefits of continuous improvement? Our team is growing, our factories are changing, and we need your expertise to take it to the next level!
BID Group is a North American leader in the design and manufacturing of equipment for wood processing mills. The company primarily serves the North American market, in addition to serving international clients. BID Group offers the most comprehensive range of products on the market. Producing everything from mechanical equipment, PLCs and optimization systems equipped with digital vision scanners. Our products also deliver fully automated production lines. The company has over 1800 employees working in our divisions located across North America.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Continuous Improvement Coordinator will have the primary responsibility of identifying opportunities for improvement and using the various tools at his disposal to achieve objectives and improve the overall performance of the units.
- Participate and coordinate all activities related to the company’s continuous improvement program, whether through production processes to increase productivity and efficiency of the production system or through workstation improvements while respecting efficiency and standardization
- Improve working methods and participate in the implementation of these improvements in the company
- Develop, implement, and manage quality/performance indicators
- Give training (and improve) in 5S, SMED, pull flow and DFA if necessary
- Audit the 5S in the factory and in the offices and manage the indicators
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience in an industrial environment while having led continuous improvement projects
- Strong communication skills at all levels of the organization
- Master the main tools for continuous improvement
- Have a sense of priorities, be results-oriented and be a dynamic and respected leader
- Advanced knowledge of AutoCAD software would be an asset
Being part of the BID Group team is much more than having access to a competitive salary and competitive benefits.
- Be part of a key department in which you can meet different challenges throughout your ambitious journey
- Be part of a team composed of experienced and dynamic colleagues who are happy to share their knowledge
- A company where health and safety are the number 1 priority
- Work with colleagues based across North America
Every job application is treated confidentially. If interested in working with us, please send your resume to email@example.com. Only those candidates whose application meets the qualifications of the position applied will receive a response. Thank you for your interest.
- Fabricator, welder, millwright, machinist, pipe fitter, iron worker, carpenter, electrician, heavy duty mechanic, crane operator, heavy equipment operator, alignment technician, engineer, engineering tech, PLC programmer, mechanical designer/technologist