Location: Prince George, BC
BID Group is a North American leader in the design and manufacturing of equipment for wood processing mills. The company primarily serves the North American market, in addition to serving international clients. BID Group offers the most comprehensive range of products on the market. Producing everything from mechanical equipment, PLCs and optimization systems equipped with digital vision scanners. Our products also deliver fully automated production lines. The company has over 1500 employees working in our divisions located across North America.
Under the supervision of the General Manager of Business Development, your main tasks will be to cost estimations and proposal documents accurately, and efficiently for our customers in need of kiln and energy related upgrades, services, and retrofits.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assess opportunity on site and identify all costs, risks, and complete scope of work associated with the opportunity
- Prepare and estimate accurate costs for execution of the opportunity by analyzing drawings, pictures, and collaborating with the appropriate personnel
- Prepare the proposal/scope of work documents for the sales team
- Obtain pricing as required from contractors and vendors, and analyze for most cost effective, lowest risk option
- Meet with customers the and sales team to present the proposal and explain any questions or concerns identified by the customer
- Analyze all costs associated with completed projects and maintain an up-to-date record for estimating future projects
- Work with the project manager to explain and execute the scope of work that was proposed after an order is received
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Has a minimum of 10 years’ experience in a construction related field
- Familiar with fabrication processes
- Knowledge of MS products
- Able to read and interpret drawings
- Knowledge of Microsoft programs such as Excel, Word, and Outlook
We offer a competitive salary and a range of attractive benefits. Every job application is treated confidentially. If interested in working with us, please send your resume to email@example.com and reference the posting name. Only those candidates whose application meets the qualifications of the position applied will receive a response. Thank you for your interest.
- Fabricator, welder, millwright, machinist, pipe fitter, iron worker, carpenter, electrician, heavy duty mechanic, crane operator, heavy equipment operator, alignment technician, engineer, engineering tech, PLC programmer, mechanical designer/technologist